Sunday, November 25, 2012

Beast In Disguise



Looking back at a story that never should’ve been written
A book that was better off on some shelf beyond reach
From a fair maiden swept off her feet by so called Mr. Right
To Cinderella, yet before the “Bibidi Babidi Bo”

Tossing rocks at my window, texting all through the night
Talking about our future together; house, cars and a cat named Milly
First dates, sugary words; declaring it’ll live till forever
Not knowing eternity has a new definition

Mr. Prince Charming turned out to be a beast in disguise
A killer at the core, wondering if you even bleed
Wounding alibis, feeding me little lies served on a plate painted with gold
Fibs and fiction… Pinocchio, won’t you give that nose a rest??

Holding on to the dreams of ‘Forever After’ when reality was collapsing
Plastic beauty cracked and broke. You’re character was revealed from behind that camouflage
One day pretending I’m the ‘Throw out of the park’ love; must have been quite convincing
Cause the next, your words dripped poison and were like gasoline on flames
My heart burned to the ground as it was set into flames; decaying…. And to ash it became

They say love is bittersweet; well all those memories are sour
Wish I didn’t fall for that castle made out of cut-out carton
That royalty look you had on as you played pretend
The ‘Real’ boy act when you were clearly all wood

I’ve never fallen harder, but I have also never been hurt the most
Burn that book, let it vanish to dust
I’m done playing the role of a princess; puffy dresses aren’t my thing
Now, dare throw rock at my window, and I’ll throw some at your face

0 comments:

 

Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamin D ♪ Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates