Friday, August 10, 2012

Search For Your Heart ♥ - Part I



( Inspired from 'Be The Change' Volunteering Event - Mentioned in the previous post )

Those innocent smiles on their pure faces. Those sparkles in their eyes that shined with hope
They're not aware of it, but they reached out for me, lend me a hand and threw down a rope

From falling in a well of utter materialistic interests and zombie like life, to having a clear vision of what's out there not just a vague corrupted site
From worrying about not buying that shoes or bag, to seeing kids running around in clothes that God knows how old, but they’re alright

They might not have a smart-phone or know a lot about playing online games, but they are having fun more than you know it. It seems enough for them.
They could be living for the day, praying that tomorrow would come... And here you are with more excuses and nagging... And me with trying to write a poem

Hoping these couple of words filling my blog and setting some rhyme for your entertainment to awaken what might have died and turned to ash
Search for you heart as you see some stray child in the street... Search for it before it's too late, before it turns to a rock - We all know rocks fall to the bottom and crash 


Instead of asking ‘Why me?!’ or complaining about why can’t you buy that latest technology, take the time to imagine the life that could have been yours instead. Six, seven and eight years old whom had no selection to the life they’re living, yet they had all they needed and seemed content.

Some seemed a little misplaced, confused, lost and a little out of place; but can you really blame such a child? A kid who found himself so different and worlds apart from those among his age. Or the place he came from, that background he called ‘home’ wasn't as warm and comfortable as a home should be…

But never the less, that day, my reality outside that place came to a stop, I was paralyzed and lost my words as I came to speak. I felt shameful for being greedy and the fact that I didn't thank God and my parents as much as I should.


Thank You... 

0 comments:

 

Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamin D ♪ Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates