Friday, August 10, 2012

Dear Diary, 'Be The Change' Volunteering


Dear Diary,

Couple of days ago, I volunteered in an organization called ‘Be The Change’. I’m not much familiar with their work or activities, but I knew from Facebook that they were doing an event for orphans. At first I didn’t pay a lot of attention, but then I heard that one of my best friends was going and she encouraged me to attend it together and go through this experience.

Eventually, I did go. I was a bit excited since it was my first time volunteering for orphans. It was pretty much a meal (Iftar), and of course it included before that activities and letting the kids have a good time before dinner. After seating all the kids and serving them food and juice, played a small game, gave them gifts so that they’d remember us we finally put them on the buses back home.

The thing about this volunteering is that I got the chance to meet children whom affected me deeply. My world froze as I saw them, it’s like right there, and at that moment of my day nothing I cared about made sense. Little girls and boys came up to me just wanting to get to know me and have a good time together. All those little things that seemed important to me vanished into thin air as I witnessed the life of those amazing kids.

It was such a great experience, for not only I have helped children who deserved to laugh and enjoy life like we do, I have also helped myself. I grew as a person and it was definitely an eye-opening experience...

Here are some pictures of the event:

Entertaining some girls with jump-ropes

Serving the food

I'll never forgot those girls!

 Group photograph!!


Amazing experience<3 

0 comments:

 

Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamin D ♪ Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates