Friday, May 25, 2012

Dear Diary, We're Walking Backwards


Dear Diary,
The other day, I was sitting in a hair salon and just waiting for my turn to come. In a situation like this, I usually just grab my phone and pass the time by chatting with a friend, checking Facebook or I might even check a magazine on the near by counter.
But this time, it was different. I was trying this new salon, and I couldn't help it but get distracted by the people there. Young woman who made me feel like the women's movement is moving background.
With just sitting among them for an hour and hear them converse about their lives, it was more than enough to make this judgement about such a generation. 
With every word that came out of their mouth I wanted to flee while I still could instead of being trapped in my chair and have my IQ decrease by the minute!
Have we really become this shallow? This empty minded! What happened for wanting more to life than just sitting around gossiping about others and making fun of people who do want to go places. Have we really set low standards for our selves to settle for with the idea in our heads that it's great that way?!
What happened to wanting to work hard, succeed in life, and face the world with our heads held high?!

To being a fighter and standing strong?! To having an interest other than appearances and Saturday nights.
To those young women I met, it wasn't important at all to get an education and empowering yourself with skills and knowledge.
My generation doesn't differ that much. A lot of my friends in the 21th century who attended my school have gotten married at a young age and not even acquired a high school degree!
It's such a shame that we have reached such a level. Where have all the real women go?!
How can we seek to be equal and even better than men when we settle for second place...






0 comments:

 

Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamin D ♪ Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates