Wednesday, May 23, 2012

'Daddy's Little Girl' No More



Was just a simple ‘Daddy’s Little Girl’… His little princess.
Shielded me from danger - Gave me wings when I couldn't fly
Held me in his arms and promised me the world.

Woke up scared at night to find his arms waiting for me. 
Ran to him seeking for shelter; looking for a hero.
Held my hand and introduced me to the world... He was my all.
******
But ‘Daddy’s Little Girl’, isn’t that little any more. 
Said goodbye to yesteryear and have been walking forward for so long.
Those little girl clothes fir me no more
 I’ve grown taller, I’ve grown wider – I’ve grown up…

No more speeding to his arms to fight the monster in the closet,
No more sitting on his lap with not a care in the world, 
No more piggy back rides... No more having him around.
****** 
I’ve taken my first steps, said my first words 
And learned to ride the bike down the hill without my training wheels.
I can stand on my own… I have to.

The world have taken you away, I lost my crown. 
From princess to court with a blink of an eye.
Was greedy for so long – refused to share you for years.
Now, you’re everybody’s hero but mine…
****** 
Time took you away,
 distance came between and we grew apart… 
My future took you away.
The gap between us has been fed for so long
Mending a bridge seems merely impossible.

I’m no longer ‘Daddy’s Little Girl’
I fell from my crown… I’m all grown up now.




Goodbye To Yesteryear!

0 comments:

 

Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamin D ♪ Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates