Sunday, July 22, 2012

Somebody That I Used To Know - Gotye Feat. Kimbra




"But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low
Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know"




This song reminds me of all the people that were once a huge part of my life, but then decided to walk out of it. Whether it was by choice or just situations that eventually made us grow apart; still you always look back at everybody who was once by your side.

A lot of people walked into my life and made promises that they couldn't keep… But in the end they all fall under the category that they’re no longer there for you like they once were. And now when you see each other, it’s either too formal or they never say a single word in the first place…

The hardest part about it, is that even though you don’t talk anymore or you don’t get to see each other or any of that, is that they pretend it never happened… Well, news flash, IT DID. So don’t walk in the street and pass right by without thinking that you never knew me… That’s just… Not right.


Breakups are bound to happen and it will hurt when you pretend that a huge part of you never existed




0 comments:

 

Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamin D ♪ Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates