Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Startup Weekend 2012


Well, the time has finally come to tell you all about my experience during the Startup Weekend event. It took place on the 6th, 7th and 8th of July; as in two days ago. I was extremely exhausted after these 54 hours of ‘changing the world’ to actually type. Here’s what happened:
After finally arriving at Berytech we started by registering, had some food and of course we had to go on stage and pitch our idea. I entered this event with my friend Mohammad Issa in a project we named S.E.S (Safe Evacuation System). Our idea made it through the first stage and we later on formed a team to work with for the next two days.
The weekend was a complete roller coaster, but worth every second. Running around and being jumpy, the awful food for three days in a row and the dark lines under our eyes. But for every moment we faced one of those incidents, there was one that triggered joy. The people we met from different countries, the laughs we had together and the rush of getting on stage, representing yourself and being heard.
It was great to check out what other people had and their creativity in the technology world. It was even better to spend 54 hours learning to be an entrepreneur; whether it was from the coaches that we met every couple of hours to guide us or the event itself.
The experience was with no doubt a one of a kind and even if we didn’t come in first place I have no regrets about what went on. Except the fact that I mixed my laptop charger with someone else and I’m still trying to get a hold of it! O.o
One thing I truly discovered was myself. The rush I had there, and the how my heart jumped to my throat, made me realize that such places is where I want to be. And I don’t want to stop here, in fact I can’t wait to have another thing thrown my way, do my best and enjoy another fulfilling experience.
For more information check out: http://beirut.startupweekend.org/
Here’s couple of pictures from the event:
When we first arrived on USJ Campus.

 On stage, pitching our idea.

Voting Time!

After moving on to the next level. Gathering a team to work with.

Our team!

Being coached...



 

Presenting our idea for the last time...


Great weekend with incredible people!

0 comments:

 

Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamin D ♪ Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates