Friday, June 15, 2012

Dear Diary, I'm More Than A Piece Of Coal

Dear Diary,
Sometimes I wonder if I made a good choice when I decided to study engineering... I mean, did I really walk in the right path?? Don't get me wrong, I love studying to be an engineer; an industrial engineer to be specific but, I don't want to stop here.


I have sooo many skills I have always wanted to invest in and sharpen them. I feel like I'm a piece of coal desperately trying to be something more and become something bigger. Growing up and walking this path - the whole studying to be an engineer - wasn't my only choice. It's typical jobs like that are what our society forces upon us. The pressure from the outside is huge. How can i make it in a world like this? The answer is simple... You don't.


I still love it though! I do have a strong passion for science and technology and I do want to gain skills in that area. I want to be known for my knowledge and inventions; I just  wish I can do more.
Why not add to that by being a writer, an interior designer, even just make animated cartoons. I want to be a lot of things... But how?


It gets so hard when I work alone on improving myself; when i'm not focused on something and instead I'm juggling a lot of balls. I never know where to start and I'm always lost. How can I ever see the finish line if I can't even tell where the start one is, where I stand. I'm not close to being ready, never less than getting set and go...


I'm trying to keep all the balls in the air and not let them touch the ground; I'll always will no matter how hard it gets. I'm a dreamer and I'll always seek to becoming more than coal. I dream and I know that I shall shine as a diamond someday.




I just have to keep on working

0 comments:

 

Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamin D ♪ Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates