Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dear Diary, Change


Dear Diary,
The other day I woke up to find the house all to myself; yet, at around 9:00am in the morning, there isn't really much to do. I went into the living room, sat on the sofa and starting flipping channels. Click, click, click... 

I don't usually find something that interests me easily and most days I stick to certain channels I'm accustomed to. But for some reason, I found myself pausing my clicks and watching a movie; which by how the houses looked, what people dressed and how they talked, I could tell it meant that the event occurred in 1960's.

After watching couple of scenes I then realized it was the movie based on the number one New York Times best seller, "The Help". Ever since I heard it was in theaters and the buzz the movie made, I wanted to watch it; but never really had the chance to.

The movie was spectacular; blinking while watching such a great book that have come to life would be as if committing a crime! I was blown away and mesmerized in my seat through it all.
The story behind the movie, the strong performance, the characters... It was more than just another film rolling in front of my eyes; it was tremendous...

I think such movies touch a person's heart and makes us think; at least to me. 
Seeing the life back then and how discrimination concurred our souls and made us blind - Tracing how far we have come and the major leaps taken by the society - And finally, looking at the world we are roaming at these moments... 

Even though times has changed, yet we can always find resemblance. Among us are a lot of people who look at you and the first thing that comes to their thoughts is the color of your skin. Some still act superior to those whom they disagree with. And last, but not least, we have the fact that is the most simple of them all and the toughest to change about who we are as humans; It's that we're afraid to change and take a step forward. 

We tremble and fear to take a different road, to stand up for what we believe in, to be a mind thinking on its own and finally be free from all the constrains we face from those who are around us. We're constantly being fed what is right and wrong without even taking a moment to judge by ourselves, and we're continuously being lead around and told who we are and what we want. But in reality, WE don't know what we want...

We have to be strong to stand in the face of black and white, hold the brush and introduce colors to our pale world. We must welcome what's new even if we fell at our first attempts or else the universe will forever remain as dull. 

Embrace change, take charge and be patient. The world wasn't created in one day, change needs time, and it happens in small steps from each and every one.


Be your own person, don't tie yourself with a leash...

0 comments:

 

Get Your Daily Dose of Vitamin D ♪ Copyright © 2011 | Template design by O Pregador | Powered by Blogger Templates